Saturday, November 2, 2013

Read something that made me upset.

I've heard that some authors on Amazon boost their book sales by leaving negative reviews for others in the same genre while praising books by their friends. It's disheartening to see such tactics being used.

I recently received a bad review on my book "Breeders: Dragon Born" on Amazon, and what they said about the book is completely untrue. On Barnes & Noble, however, the reviews are great, except for a few off-topic Skyrim conversations, which I find bizarre. It’s frustrating and confusing.

I don’t think it’s right or fair to undermine another author’s work just to boost your own or a friend's. It’s hurtful and damaging, and it destroys fair competition. These are just my thoughts, but I believe we should support each other, not tear each other down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

I went to the movies yesterday and watched this. Have to say I was very impressed. I just wished the ending was slightly different, though ...